I receive the error message "Serial number or Activation key already activated" or "Serial number exceeded the allowed number of activations"KB Solution ID: SOLN872|Last Revised: January 31, 2013
- You receive an error message when attempting to activate a serial number or activation key on ESET's website
If you are receiving either of the error messages shown below (see Figure 1-1) while activating on our website, you have already activated your activation key or serial number and received a Username and Password via email. You now need to activate your ESET product using your ESET-issued Username and Password by following the steps below:
- Locate your ESET-issued Username and Password. I can't find my Username or Password.
- Enter your Username and Password into your ESET product.
- How do I enter my Username and Password into the system? (5.x)
- How do I enter my Username and Password in ESET Cyber Security/ESET Cyber Security Pro? (5.x)
- Verify that your ESET product is updating correctly. How do I know ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus is updating correctly?
If you are receiving the error message "The serial number you entered could not be found in our system" (see Figure 1-2), it is likely because you entered your serial number incorrectly.
When entering your serial number or activation key, use the following guidelines:
- Any hyphens ("-") in the serial number must be included
- The serial number must be entered with no spaces
- Verify that the letter "O" was not typed instead of the number zero
If you are still unable to activate your key successfully after multiple attempts, use the following link to contact ESET Customer Care: