I receive the error message "Serial number or Activation key already activated" or "Serial number exceeded the allowed number of activations"KB Solution ID: SOLN872|Last Revised: January 02, 2014
- You receive an error message when attempting to activate a serial number or activation key on ESET's website
If you are receiving either of the error messages shown below (see Figure 1-1) while activating on our website, you have already activated your activation key or serial number and received a Username and Password via email. You now need to activate your ESET product using your ESET-issued Username and Password by following the steps below:
- Locate your ESET-issued Username and Password. I can't find my Username or Password.
- Enter your Username and Password into your ESET product.
- How do I enter my Username and Password into the system?
- How do I enter my Username and Password in ESET Cyber Security/ESET Cyber Security Pro? (5.x)
- Verify that your ESET product is updating correctly. How do I know ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus is updating correctly?
If you are receiving the error message "The serial number you entered could not be found in our system" (see Figure 1-2), it is likely because you entered your serial number incorrectly.
When entering your serial number or activation key, use the following guidelines:
- Any hyphens ("-") in the serial number must be included
- The serial number must be entered with no spaces
- Verify that the letter "O" was not typed instead of the number zero
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Customer Care.