Where can I find copies of previous scan logs? (3.0)KB Solution ID: SOLN86|Last Revised: April 10, 2014
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus keep logs of all previous scans that have been run on your computer. These scan logs are useful in determining whether previous threats have been successfully cleaned or deleted. Please follow the steps below to locate the scan logs:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- To switch to Advanced Mode, click the arrow in the lower left corner of the window and then click Toggle Advanced Mode, or press CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- Click Tools Log Files from the main menu.
- When the Log files window appears, select On-demand computer scan from the drop-down menu.
- Your previous scans should appear. Make sure that the status shows Completed.
- Double-click the line representing the most recently completed scan to open the scan log. In the Log window, right-click any entry and select Copy all.
- Open a blank Notepad document and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the copied text. Save the .txt document to your Desktop and attach it to an email reply to ESET Customer Care. Customer Care will examine the scan log and respond as soon as possible with the recommended steps to address your issue.