How do I configure a Mirror server using ESET Smart Security Business Edition or ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN839|Last Revised: December 12, 2014
Configuring an ESET client solution as a local Mirror Server
ESET Smart Security Business Edition and ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition client solutions can be configured to store copies of virus signature update files, much like a standard Mirror server. These virus signature files can then be used to update other workstations that are running ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
To configure an ESET client solution as a Mirror server, perform the following steps:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window (enter a password if the client is password-protected).
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click Miscellaneous Licenses and click Add.... Navigate to your license file (nod32.lic) and click Open then click OK.
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window. From the Advanced Setup tree, click Update and enter the license information supplied by ESET in the Username and Password fields. Make sure the Update server: drop-down is set to Choose Automatically.
- Click the Setup... button next to Advanced update setup: and click the Mirror tab.
From this point you can configure the Mirror to provide updates via an internal HTTP server, or via a shared network folder. To provide updates via an internal HTTP server, perform the following steps directly below (to provide updates via a shared network folder, click here):
- Select the Create update mirror and Provide update files via internal HTTP server check boxes.
- In the Folder to store mirrored files: field, enter the directory path to the folder that will contain the update files. Do not enter values in the Username and Password fields.
- If you wish to use a port other than the default port (2221), click the Advanced setup button and enter the value in the Server port: check box (the default value is recommended unless you have other applications communicating on this port).
- Click OK three times to save the settings and return to the main program window.
To configure the Mirror to provide updates via a shared network folder, perform the steps directly below after clicking the Setup... button in step 5.
- Created a shared folder on a local or network device. This folder must be readable by all users running ESET software, and writeable by the local SYSTEM account (If the shared folder is located on another computer in the network, it is necessary to specify authentication for accessing that computer. Click here for additional information).
- Select the Create update mirror check box. Do not select the Provide update files via internal HTTP server check box.
- Enter the name of the shared folder (created in step 1) in the format \\UNC\PATH.
- Click OK twice to save the settings and return to the main program window.
For detailed instructions on installing ESET Remote Administrator and configuring a standard Mirror server, click here.