How to Download and Install ESET Smart Security (3.0)KB Solution ID: SOLN81|Last Revised: October 12, 2012
To download and install ESET Smart Security 3.0, watch the installation video directly below or follow this article's download and installation step-by-step instructions:
The download links for Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003 are below:
You will need your unique username and password to download your ESET security product. Please reference your confirmation email for this information. If you have not yet purchased a license or received your username and password, click here.
Select Save when the prompt appears and save the file to the Desktop. Once the download has completed, you may be prompted to click Run and begin the installation process. Click Run if you are prompted. If not, navigate to your Desktop or wherever you saved the ndntenst.exe file and double-click it to open.
Installing ESET Smart Security 3.0
To install ESET Smart Security 3.0, please follow the steps below. It should be noted that if you are running Windows Vista with User Account Control (UAC) turned on, you may be prompted with additional dialog boxes not shown in the steps below. If prompted, please confirm that you wish to install ESET Smart Security 3.0, as well as any associated device drivers.
- To begin your installation, double-click the ESET Smart Security 3.0 installer icon or insert the installation disk. If you are prompted by Windows to open the file, click Open. If you have an installation CD, click Install.
- The ESET Smart Security Setup window will appear. Click Next to continue.
- On the next screen, click I accept the terms in the License Agreement to accept the ESET Smart Security 3.0 License agreement and then click Next to continue.
- The Installation Mode window will appear. Select Typical and then click Next to continue.
- On the next screen, enter your ESET-provided Username and Password and click Next to continue.
- In the ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System window, select the Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option and click Next to continue.
- In the Detection of potentially unwanted applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
- In the next window, Ready to Install, click Install to continue.
- Once you click Install, you will see the Installing ESET Smart Security Screen (below) for a few minutes.
- The New Network Detected window will appear if you have an ESET product that includes the Firewall feature. This window allows you to select your desired protection mode. Most users should select Allow sharing. See the figure below for an explanation on both modes.
- When you see the Completing the ESET Smart Security Setup Wizard window, click Finish to complete your installation.