Undocumented Serious Error 0x101aKB Solution ID: SOLN537|Last Revised: March 08, 2013
- "Undocumented Serious Error (0x101a)" error message during an update of the virus signature database
This error is likely due to one or more damaged update files on your computer.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key on your keyboard to open the Advanced setup window.
- From the Advanced setup tree, expand Update and then click Update.
- Make sure that your Update server is set to Choose automatically and your Username and Password are entered correctly.
- Clear the update cache by clicking Clear... and then click OK.
- Restart your computer.
- After restart, Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- In the main program window, click Update Update virus signature database.
Your ESET security product should update automatically from now on.
If the issue is not resolved, re-installing your ESET security product will be necessary. To uninstall then re-install your ESET security product, please follow the steps below:
- Uninstall your ESET software by clicking Start All Programs ESET Uninstall. Restart your computer if prompted.
- Delete the C:\Program Files\ESET folder. Do not delete the Program Files folder, only delete the ESET folder.
- Attempt to re-install your ESET software. If the existence of a third party antivirus product is detected, a warning message with the name of the conflicting antivirus product will be displayed during installation. If this is the case, cancel the install and proceed to step 4. If you are not notified of any conflicting antivirus software on your computer, complete the installation and skip the remaining steps below—you are finished.
- Click here for a list of uninstallers for common antivirus software products (Norton, McAfee, etc.) and click on the appropriate link. After the conflicting antivirus product has been uninstalled, restart your computer and proceed to step 5.
- Re-install your ESET software and restart your computer.