Remote install methods using ESET Remote AdministratorKB Solution ID: SOLN536|Last Revised: May 18, 2012
Remote installation of any ESET client solution using ESET Remote Administrator can be performed using one of three methods: Push, Logon Script, or Email.
Push (Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7 only)
- Authorization is necessary on the workstation where the remote installation is to occur. At the beginning of the installation, the administrator username and password must be entered.
- Connection to the ADMIN$ folder is established and the installation agent (small program) is copied to the client workstation.
- Agent is registered as a service and executed with administrator rights.
- Agent connects to server (TCP/IP), initiating the installation.
Logon Script (Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7)
- Agent initiates installation from the server.
- Server starts PUSH installation process.
Email, Logon Script (Windows NT/2000/XP/Vista/7)
- Agent connects to the server (TCP/IP), downloads the installation package and starts the installation.
More information, including detailed instructions on the configuration of ESET Remote Administrator, can be found in the ESET Remote Administrator Manual.