How do I enter my Username and Password into the system? (3.0)KB Solution ID: SOLN526|Last Revised: September 13, 2011
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus check every hour for new updates, and are updated at least once a day with new virus definitions and occasional program component upgrades. The update will fail if your username or password is invalid or entered incorrectly. If you are upgrading your ESET security product from the trial version to the full version, please allow 24-48 hours after entering your new username and password for the new expiration date to display. You can make sure your username and password information is entered correctly by following the steps below.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- From the main menu, click Setup Username and Password setup....
- Verify that your username and password are entered correctly and then click OK. The following are EXAMPLES only:
- From the main menu, click Update Update virus signature database (make sure you are connected to the Internet).
- If you are not prompted for your username and password, they have been entered correctly. If you are prompted for your username and password, click Cancel and repeat steps 2 and 3. Make sure you are logged in as administrator, or have administrator privileges.
Maintaining current virus definitions and program updates is the most important aspect of any security software. Always check to make sure your antivirus solution is up-to-date to ensure continued protection. For more information on this topic, click here.
If you are still unable to update, please visit the Lost License page to verify that the username and password you are trying to use is valid.