Why should I upgrade to ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server?KB Solution ID: SOLN3017|Last Revised: January 09, 2013
ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (EFSW) is a new product that is designed specifically to replace ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition and ESET Smart Security Business Edition for use on servers (domain controller).
EFSW includes new features specific for server use. A key advantage is that recommended settings for installation to a server are built into EFSW (see Automatic Exclusions below), so there is no need to set the "best practices" exclusions onto a server operating system or desktop computer used in a server role. This functionality is among a few new server-specific features:
- Automatic Exclusions: Includes automatic detection and exclusion of critical server files and all of the required exclusions are automatically set based on installed software and server roles (on restart).
- New Advanced Setup Tree: Redesigned for more intuitive navigation. Settings are divided into Server protection sector (to manage all of the settings related to server protection) and Computer protection (to manage malware and infiltration protection on the host machine level).
- e-Shell (ESET Shell): Command line control interface that offers advanced users more comprehensive administrative options.
EFSW also includes some new features not available in ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition, such as:
- Enhanced Log Viewer: New options to search and sort log file entries
- SysInspector Integration: No need to download the stand-alone application as SysInspector is now integrated into the program
- Improved graphical user interface for streamlined management
Because of its advantages in a server environment, we highly recommend that existing customers migrate their server to EFSW. Existing Business users can migrate to ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server by contacting their local ESET office, partner or reseller and then following the instructions in the following article: