How do I download and install ESET Mobile Security for Android from Google Play?KB Solution ID: SOLN2997|Last Revised: April 08, 2013
To download and install ESET Mobile Security for Android from Google Play, follow this article's step-by-step instructions (for questions about using ESET with your tablet device, click here).
Not sure if ESET Mobile Security for Android is compatible with your device? Visit the ESET Mobile Security Google Play page from your PC. Sign in using your Google Play associated email and a list of your Google Play registered devices will appear below the ESET Mobile Security Icon with information about their compatibility with ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- Make sure that your phone will allow you to install applications from Unknown sources. From the home screen, tap Settings Applications and select the check box next to Unknown sources to allow installation on most Android devices. On your mobile device, click here to visit the ESET Mobile Security Google Play page, and then tap Download.
- Tap Accept & download, a green progress bar will appear at the top of your screen and fill as your download completes. Once the download is complete, ESET Mobile Security for Android will automatically be installed.
- Tap Open, the ESET End User License Agreement will be displayed, tap I Accept to accept the terms and conditions and launch ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- The first time that you launch ESET Mobile Security for Android, you will need to activate the software. Tap Activate now, and then tap Buy now to purchase a 1-year license for ESET Mobile Security, or tap Activate trial to begin your free 30-day trial period.
- If you selected Buy Now, you will be taken to the Purchase license window. Tap Buy 1-year License and then tap Add card, enter your credit card information and then tap Save. Tap Accept & buy, the words "Activating your product..." will appear on screen. Once activation is complete you will be returned to the ESET Mobile Security main menu.
- Resolve preliminary security risks by adding ESET to device administrators, setting a security password and defining a trusted friend to achieve "Maximum Security" status. For assistance refer to the Knowledgebase article below: