How do I upgrade version 2.7 of my ESET Business Edition product?KB Solution ID: SOLN2967|Last Revised: July 08, 2013
Since May 29, 2012, ESET no longer provides technical support for 2.7 workstation and server products. Version 2.7 virus signature updates were also discontinued at this time. We recommend that version 2.7 customers upgrade (free) as soon as possible.
ESET NOD32 Antivirus for IBM Lotus Domino users, visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article:
You will see a pop-up notification that states "You are running a discontinued program version..." This notification may look slightly different based on your Operating System.
For general information and upgrade paths, please visit the following Knowledgebase article:
I. Users manually managing clients (not using ESET Remote Administrator)
If you use ESET Remote Administrator to manage your network, skip to part II below.
- Uninstall your ESET products from client workstations.
- Install the latest version of your ESET products on client workstations by following the instructions in these product-specific Knowledgebase articles:
- ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server
- ESET Mail Security 4.5 for Microsoft Exchange Server
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Dell Network Attached Storage
- Make sure that you are running the latest version of ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) and ESET Remote Administrator Server (ERAS).
- If you do not have the latest version of ERAC or ERAS, upgrade ESET Remote Administrator to the latest version.
III. Push an uninstall of ESET NOD32 Antivirus 2.7 to your workstations using ESET Remote Administrator
- Open the ERAC by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Remote Administrator Console.
- Click the Remote Install tab.
- Click Actions Manage Packages.
- In the Installation Packages Editor, select Uninstall ESET Security Products and NOD32 version 2 from the Type drop-down menu.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Click Save and then click Close to exit the Installation packages Editor.
- Select clients from which you would like to push uninstall ESET products from the Computers list in the Remote Install tab of ERAC. Right-click the selected clients and click Push Installation from the context menu.
- In the Computers Logon Settings window, specify the logon information for each client by selecting the client name and clicking Set, or by selecting all clients and selecting Set All. Enter the username and password for the domain or workgroup in the Logon Information window and click OK. Click Next.
- Enter the Task Settings in the final window, including a name for your push uninstall task and a specific time at which it will be performed. Click Finish to complete the uninstallation task.
IV. Install ESET products on client workstations
- From the Remote Install tab, create an installation package by clicking Actions Manage Packages from the ESET Remote Administrator Console (ERAC) menu.
- Click Add, click Download from the web and select your desired install package from the list on the right (see Figure 2-1). After downloading, you can configure the package to meet your specifications.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Once you have configured the package, select the clients to which you would like to push install from the Computers list in the Remote Install tab of the ERAC.
- Right-click the selected clients and click Push Installation from the context menu.
- In the Computers Logon Settings window, select the client name and click Set to specify the logon information for each client or select all clients and click Set All.
Enter the username and password for the domain or workgroup in the Logon Information window and click OK. Click Next.
- In the Package Settings window, select ESET Security Products package from the Type drop-down menu. Select the installation package you downloaded from the Name drop-down menu. Click Next.
- Enter the Task Settings in the final window, including a name for your Remote Install task and a specific time at which it will be performed. Click Finish to complete the push installation task.
- After you have completed the installation process, click the Clients tab at the the bottom of the ERAC window and wait for your client computers to check in. The next time the client workstation(s) report to the server, they will show up in the Client tab of the ESET Remote Administrator Console and your push installation is complete.