How do I add a Trusted friend and use it to reset my password in ESET Mobile Security for Android?KB Solution ID: SOLN2828|Last Revised: August 27, 2014
- You just installed ESET Mobile Security for Android and need to add a Trusted friend
- You forgot your user-defined password for ESET Mobile Security for Android and need to reset it using the Trusted friend feature
Adding a Trusted friend helps you protect your phone in case it is lost or stolen. For example, phone numbers in your Trusted friends list will receive an alert SMS after an untrusted SIM card is inserted into the device. Additionally, you can use a Trusted friend to reset your user-defined password remotely in case you forget it.
- Open the All apps screen and tap ESET Mobile Security to launch ESET Mobile Security.
- Tap Anti-Theft Trusted friends, tap Add from Contacts to add an existing contact as your trusted friend, or tap + to add a new contact as your trusted friend.
- Enter a Friend's name and Phone number and then tap Save. This name and mobile number are now saved as a Trusted friend. To reset your password using the Trusted friend feature, follow the steps in the next section.
Reset your user-defined password:
To use ESET Remote Password Reset, send an SMS to your device (from the Trusted friend's phone number) using the following syntax:
eset remote reset
Your password will be reset.