How do I add a Trusted friend and use it to reset my password in ESET Mobile Security for Android?KB Solution ID: SOLN2828|Last Revised: July 19, 2012
- Just installed ESET Mobile Security for Android and need to add a Trusted friend
- Forgot your user-defined password for ESET Mobile Security for Android and need to reset it using the Trusted friend feature
Adding a Trusted friend helps you protect your phone in case it is lost or stolen. For example, phone numbers in your Trusted friends list will receive an alert SMS after an untrusted SIM card is inserted into the device. Additionally, you can use a Trusted friend to reset your user-defined password remotely in case you forget it.
Add a number to your Trusted friends:
- Open the All apps screen and tap ESET Mobile Security to launch ESET Mobile Security for Android.
- Tap Anti-Theft Trusted friends Add.
- Enter a Friend's name and Telephone number and tap Done. This name and mobile number are now saved as a Trusted friend. To reset your password using the Trusted friend feature, follow the steps in the next section.
Reset your user-defined password:
To use ESET Remote Password Reset, send an SMS to your device (from the Trusted friend's phone number) using the following syntax:
eset remote reset
Your password will be reset.