How do I upgrade to ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2802|Last Revised: November 11, 2011
ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server replaces ESET NOD32 Antivirus for Windows File Server and takes the place of installing ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition on servers.
To upgrade to ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server (Microsoft® Windows® Home Server/XP/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003/2000), refer to the following step-by-step instructions:
I. Install new license (.lic) files
If you have not upgraded or received your licenses for ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server, contact your distributor or visit the ESET File Security FAQ for more information on upgrading.
- Follow the instructions in the following ESET Knowledgebase article to upload your license file to the server: How do I update ESET Remote Administrator with a new license file?
II. Optional: Migrate additional configuration settings from ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition to ESET File Security
Continue to section III below for a typical upgrade to ESET File Security. ESET File Security includes automatic detection and exclusion of critical server files and all of the required exclusions will be automatically set based on installed software and server roles (on restart).
For instructions on migrating additional conguration settings (e.g., scheduled tasks, third-party application exclusions) to ESET File Security, see the following Knowledgebase article or continue below to section III for a typical installation:
III. Uninstall ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition
- Follow the instructions in the following ESET Knowledgebase article to uninstall your ESET NOD32 Antivirus Business Edition installed on your servers:
How to push an uninstall from ESET Remote Administrator to password protected clients
- Restart the server.
- Click the appropriate link below to download your security product for Microsoft® Windows® 7/Vista/Home Server/XP/2008 R2/2008/2003 R2/2003/2000:
32-bit download 64-bit download
- Select Save and save the file to the Desktop.
- To begin installation, double-click the ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server installer icon "efsw_ntXX_enu.msi".
- For illustrated instructions on manually installing ESET File Security, visit the following ESET Knowledgebase article: How do I install ESET File Security for Microsoft Windows Server?
- OR for instructions on using ESET Remote Administrator to push install to your servers, please visit How do I push install to client(s) using ESET Remote Administrator?
- Connect ESET File Security to ESET Remote Administrator Server. For help connecting, visit: Why can't I see client workstations in the client tab of the ESET Remote Administrator Console?