How do I run a custom scan in ESET Smart Security / ESET NOD32 Antivirus?KB Solution ID: SOLN2770|Last Revised: November 25, 2013
- Scan specific files, devices or drives
- Exclude certain files or directories from a scan
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Computer scan Custom scan.
- In the Custom Scan window, click the + symbol next to a drive letter to expand the contents. Locate the file or folder you want to exclude from the scan process and verify that the adjacent check box is deselected.
- To exclude specific file types from scanning, click Setup.
- Click Extensions from the tree structure on the left. Type the 3-character extension into the Extension field, and click Add (extensions may be added as .DOC or DOC). Click OK.
- Click Scan begin your Custom scan. All folders (and files within those folders) that have been deselected will not be included in the Computer scan.