How do I exclude certain files or folders from the Computer scan in ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus?KB Solution ID: SOLN2770|Last Revised: March 22, 2013
- Exclude certain files or directories from being scanned by the Computer scan
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Computer scan Custom scan.
- In the Custom Scan window, click the + symbol next to the drive letter to expand the contents.
- Locate the file or folder you want to exclude from the scan process and verify that the adjacent check box is deselected.
- If you want to exclude specific file types from scanning, click Setup. Click Extensions from the tree structure on the left. Type in the 3-character extension in the Extension field, and click Add (extensions may be added as .DOC or DOC). Click OK.
- Click Scan at the bottom of the Custom scan window to start the scanning process. All folders (and files within those folders) that have been deselected will not be included in the Computer scan.