How do I configure an ESET update Mirror server on a client workstation? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2741|Last Revised: September 19, 2012
By adding a valid ESET license key (.lic) to ESET NOD32 Antivirus and ESET Smart Security Business Editions, a local update mirror can be configured on a client workstation(s) on large networks. Configuring a local update mirror can reduce network traffic and free up Internet bandwidth. To add a license key to a client workstation and configure a local update mirror, refer to the following step-by-step instructions:
Want to set up your update mirror via ESET Remote Administrator? Click here
Add the license key on the client workstation:
- On the client workstation, open the main program window by clicking the ESET icon next to the system clock or by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
- Press F5 on your keyboard to access the Advanced setup tree.
- Click Miscellaneous Licenses.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to your ESET license (.lic) file, select it and click Open.
- Your license file will now appear in the license window. Click OK to save your changes.
The Mirror tab will now be available under Update Setup in the Advanced setup tree (see Figure 1-3).
Configure a Mirror server on the client workstation:
- In the main program window, open the Advanced setup tree by pressing F5 on your keyboard.
- From the Advanced setup tree to the left, click Update Setup.
- Click the Mirror tab. If prompted to download update information from the update servers, click No.
- Select the check box next to Create update mirror and Provide update files via internal HTTP server (see Figure 1-4).
- In the Folder to store mirrored files field, enter the full directory path of the folder where update files are to be stored.
- Click Advanced setup. In the Advanced setup window, select NONE from the Authentication drop-down menu.
- Select components to be downloaded (components for all language versions which will be used in the network should be selected). Components are only displayed if they are available from ESET’s update servers.
- Click OK to exit the Advanced setup window, and OK again to save your changes and exit the Advanced setup tree.