How do I Download and Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop on a workstation?KB Solution ID: SOLN2708|Last Revised: July 01, 2014
To download and install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop on a workstation, follow this article's step-by-step instructions.
Download the installer
- Click the appropriate link to download ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop. Which version is my operating system?
32-bit Download 64-bit Download
- Select Save to Disk when prompted to and save the file to the Desktop.
- Once the download is complete, right-click the installer, select Properties and click the Permissions tab. Select the check box next to Allow executing file as program and then click Close.
Enabling this permission is required in most instances to begin the installation and to prevent the error message Couldn't display "/home/eset/Desktop/ueavbe.i386.en.linux".
To install ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4 Business Edition for Linux Desktop, please follow the steps below.
- To begin your installation, double-click the ESET NOD32 Antivirus installer icon "ueavbe.i386.en.linux" or "ueavbe.x86_64.en.linux".
Disable SELinux from Terminal window
Run the following commands under root account:
sed -i 's/selinux=enforcing\|selinux=permissive/SELINUX=disabled/I' /etc/ sysconfig/selinux echo "0" > /selinux/enforce
Alternatively, open the /etc/sysconfig/selinux file and change the selinux option to:
Disable SELinux using the GUI (Fedora/RedHat)
- Click System Administration Security Level and Firewall. Enter your root password and click OK. Select the SELinux tab and then select Disabled from the drop-down menu. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your system for the changes to take effect.
- Enter your root password if prompted and click OK. The ESET NOD32 Antivirus Setup window will display. Click Next to continue.
- On the Installation Type screen, select Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus and click Next to continue. For instructions on preparing a package for remote installation, click here.
- Read the Important Information including Product Features and System requirements and click Next to continue.
- On the License Agreement screen, select I accept the terms in the License Agreement and then click Next to continue.
- The Installation Mode window will display. Select Typical and click Next to continue.
- At the Update window, enter your ESET-provided Username and Password and click Next to continue.
- The Enable ThreatSense.Net Early Warning System option is selected by default. Click Next to continue.
- In the Special Applications window, select your preferred option (see What is a potentially unwanted application?) and click Next.
- Click Install to begin the installation.
- After the installation is completed, click Finish to exit the Installation Wizard.
- When prompted to restart, click Yes.