Basic Cleanup ToolKB Solution ID: SOLN2492|Last Revised: March 20, 2012
- System still infected / issue persists after completing preliminary malware troubleshooting
- The Basic Cleanup Tool will execute several cleaning processes on your computer and create a CC Support Logs folder on your Desktop. This folder contains a BasicResults.zip file that you can attach to your email reply to ESET Customer Care. Be sure to read all instructions carefully when completing each step.
- Restart your computer in Safe Mode with Networking. You can expect this process to take a few minutes. For step-by-step instructions, refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
- With your computer in Safe Mode with Networking, click the link below to download the Basic Cleanup Tool and save it to your Desktop. Once the download completes, double-click the Basic-Cleanup-Tool.exe file on your Desktop and click Run when prompted. Please read the opening message and click Yes to run the tool.
- Please be patient while the tool runs to completion (the Basic Cleanup Tool takes a few minutes to finish). When it is complete, you will see the message, 'Cleanup is complete'. Click OK to exit and then click OK again to finish. Proceed to step 4.
- If you have completed preliminary malware troubleshooting, as well as steps 1-3 above, and you still notice abnormal system behavior, open a case with ESET Customer Care. When you receive a reply from ESET confirming that we have received your case, please reply to that email and attach the BasicResults.zip file, located in the CC Support Logs folder (created atuomatically in steps 2-3 and located on your Desktop) as an attachment. Please make sure to describe your issue, including any changes you noticed after running the Basic Cleanup Tool, in the body of the email. ESET Customer Care will review your information and respond as soon as possible.