Why can't I download my ESET product? (Solution checklist)KB Solution ID: SOLN2332|Last Revised: January 31, 2014
Once you have received an email from ESET including your unique Username and Password, follow the steps in one of the following Knowledgebase articles:
- How do I Download and Install ESET Smart Security?
- How do I Download and Install ESET NOD32 Antivirus?
If you are still having difficulties, use the solution checklist below to resolve your issue:
- Make sure you are entering your Username and Password correctly: Your ESET-issued Username and Password are specific, case-sensitive authentication data used by ESET servers to validate your purchase. A typo in either your Username or Password will prevent you from downloading your ESET product. You cannot choose or customize your Username or Password.
- Make sure you have a valid Username and Password: If you purchased your ESET product from a third-party vendor, you must complete an activation form to receive your Username and Password. If you purchased your ESET product from ESET directly, or already completed the activation form, then you can visit our Lost License page to have your Username and Password emailed to you again.
- Make sure you are downloading the correct product: Before downloading, ensure you are attempting to download the correct product because in most cases your license is only valid for the specific ESET product that you selected at checkout. For example, you cannot use an ESET NOD32 Antivirus Username and Password to download ESET Smart Security.
- Save the installer to an easily accessible place, like your Desktop: When you select your product download and enter your information, you will be prompted to Run or Save. Click Save and save the installer file to your Desktop. Once the download completes, double-click the file you just downloaded and click Run. Follow the steps in the Installation Wizard and restart your computer when prompted.
- Mac and Linux users: Click the appropriate link below to download your ESET product: