Scanning nested archives with ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN228|Last Revised: May 18, 2012
Nested archives (compressed files/folders) contain multiple levels of sub-archives (i.e. archives within archives). A high number of archive levels often indicates malicious code. Advanced archive scanning uncovers hidden malware, even in deeply nested compressed files. Easy-to-use settings allow you to control maximum depth and file size for archive scanning. To modify the archive scan settings, please follow the steps below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- If you see Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner of the window, switch to Advanced mode by clicking the arrow and then click Toggle Advanced Mode, or press CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- Click Computer scan from the main menu and then click Scan setup... in the primary window.
- Click the Setup... button next to ThreatSense engine parameter setup and select Limits from the setup tree.
- Deselect the Default archive scan settings option and modify the Archive scan setup according to your preferences.
- Click OK to save the changes and then click OK again to close the Advanced Setup window.