Error downloading the update file in ESET Remote Administrator ServerKB Solution ID: SOLN2220|Last Revised: February 14, 2014
- You are completing the Update Mirror Troubleshooting Checklist
- You receive the error message when attempting to update the virus signature database
- Virus signature database updates hang at 0%
- The "Update now" button is unresponsive
Solution 1: Clear the Mirror and update files on the server
Right-click Start and select Explore from the context menu. Navigate to and delete the contents of the following folders:
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Updfiles
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Charon
- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\Mirror
Windows Vista and Windows 7 users:
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\updfiles
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\charon
- C:\ProgramData\ESET\ESET Remote Administrator\Server\mirror
Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console by clicking StartAll Programs ESET ESET Remote Administrator Console ESET Remote Administrator Console. In the ESET Remote Administrator Console menu, click Tools Server Options.
Click the Updates tab, select the check box next to Clear Update Cache and then click Update Now. Click OK once the updates are finished downloading.
You can either force an update to your clients immediately or allow them to check for updates as normal. If after performing this procedure ESET Remote Administrator Server still fails to update, continue to solution 2 below.
Solution 2: Restart the ESET Remote Administrator Server service
- Click Start Run, enter
services.mscand then click OK.
- Select the ESET Remote Administrator Server service, click Restart and then click OK.
Click the image to view larger in new window
- Open the ESET Remote Administrator Console by clicking StartAll Programs ESET ESET Remote Administrator Console ESET Remote Administrator Console.
- Click Tools Server Options, click the Update tab and then click Update now. You should now be able to receive new virus signature database updates.
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Customer Care.