How do I create a SysInspector log and submit it to ESET Customer Care for analysis?KB Solution ID: SOLN2219|Last Revised: April 01, 2013
ESET SysInspector is a free state-of-the-art diagnostic tool which is designed to improve your Customer Care experience. It conducts an in-depth analysis of your computer's configuration that will provide the Customer Care team with important information about how to resolve the problem you are experiencing.
- If you have ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed, open ESET SysInspector by clicking Start All Programs ESET ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus ESET SysInspector. Then proceed to step 2.
If you DO NOT have ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus installed, proceed with steps A through C below to download and run ESET SysInspector.
- When prompted, click Save and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double-click the SysInspector icon on your Desktop and click Run. Read the Terms and Conditions carefully and then click I Agree.
- Once the analysis is finished, the SysInspector main program window will be displayed. Click File Save Log to save the log file. Click Yes if asked to confirm.
- Select your Desktop and click Save to save the log file.
- If you have not already done so, open a case with ESET Customer care before you submit your log file.
- Attach the zipped file to an email reply to ESET Customer Care. A Customer Care representative will examine the log and respond as soon as possible with the recommended action based on their findings. If you are unable to attach a zipped log file, change the file extension to .file (for example, SysInspector.file).