How do I configure my ESET security product to block most websites and allow only a few? (3.0)KB Solution ID: SOLN2200|Last Revised: October 29, 2013
To block the majority of websites and only allow access to the ones you specify, use the following step-by-step instructions for your ESET security product:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to open the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, click Web access protection HTTP Blocked addresses.
- Click Add and type "*.*" (a period between two asterisks) to block all websites. Click OK to confirm.
- Click Excluded addresses and then click Add to individually add the addresses you want to allow users to access. Be sure to either include "www" or a wildcard "*" symbol, as in "www.eset.com" or "*eset.com". Click OK to confirm your selection and then click OK again to exit the Advanced Setup window.