My ESET icon is orange—how do I disable my ESET product from notifying me about Windows updates? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2196|Last Revised: December 05, 2012
By default, your ESET security product notifies you with an orange ESET icon when there are updates available for your operating system. You can modify or disable these notifications but we recommend downloading the latest security patches as they are available to keep your computer fully protected.
Click the image to view larger in new window
To watch a video of the steps below, click here.
To return the Protection status to Maximum Protection (green) without running Windows updates, follow the steps below to disable Windows notifications:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to open the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree on the left, click Tools System updates.
- Select your preferred notification setting from the drop-down menu and click OK to close the Advanced Setup window.
- Your ESET Security product notifies you about missing updates according to the level you specify. To disable all Windows updates notifications, select No updates from the drop-down menu.
- To return the Protection status to Maximum protection (green), click Protection status from the main menu and then click here in the Operating system is not up to date message.
- When the System updates window opens, click Run system update and then either update your operating system or close the Windows update window.