How do I run an On-demand Computer scan? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2159|Last Revised: March 25, 2015
If you suspect that your computer is infected (slow or abnormal behavior), an On-demand computer scan should be performed to examine your computer for infiltrations. We recommend that an On-demand scan be run at least twice a month, or more frequently for high-risk computers, as part of routine security measures. Regular scanning can protect your computer against:
- Threats which were already present on your computer before your ESET security solution was installed.
- Dormant, potentially harmful files on your system which may have been undetectable by older virus definitions.
- Infections which occurred while the real-time scanner was disabled (possible only if turned off by the user).
To run an On-demand computer scan, follow the steps below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- If you see Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- Click Computer scan Smart scan.
- Upon completion, a summary window showing the number of scanned, infected, and cleaned objects will be displayed. Click OK to return to the main program window. To view detailed results of the On-demand scan log, continue to step 5.
- Click Tools Log files. Select On-demand computer scan from the Log drop-down menu.
- Double-click the line representing the most recently completed scan (top line). A new On-demand computer scan window will appear, showing the scan log details.