How do I enter my Username and Password into the system? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2156|Last Revised: January 02, 2014
- You receive the notification "Update information is not consistent"
- You receive the notification "Invalid Username and Password"
- Virus signature database updates fail
- Product activation fails
ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus check every hour for new updates, and are updated at least once a day with new virus definitions and occasional program component upgrades. The update will fail if your Username or Password is invalid or entered incorrectly. You can make sure your Username and Password information is entered correctly by following the steps below.
- Locate your ESET-issued Username and Password, which you should have received by email after purchase or first activation of your product. If you cannot locate your Username and Password, visit the Lost License Page to have them reset.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Update and then click Username and Password setup....
- Verify that your Username and Password are entered correctly and click OK. Please note the following.
- The Username and Password are case sensitive and the hyphen in the Username is necessary
- The Password is ten characters long and all lowercase
- If you are copying and pasting, make sure you do not select an extra blank space
- We do not use the letter L in Passwords (use the number one (1) instead)
- A big '0' is the number zero (0), a little 'o' is the lowercase letter o
- Click Update virus signature database (make sure you are connected to the Internet).
- If the update fails or you receive the notification "Update information is not consistent", repeat steps 2-5.