How do I disable the pop-up notifications about virus signature updates, scheduled scan activity, etc.? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2148|Last Revised: September 19, 2012
By default, ESET security products display pop-up notifications in the Windows notification area regarding detected threats, scheduled scan events, virus signature update activity, etc. Example:
To suppress all pop-up notifications except those requiring user interaction, follow the steps below:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Press the F5 key to display the Advanced Setup window.
- From the Advanced Setup tree, click User interface Alerts and notifications.
- In the Alerts and notifications area, select the check box next to Display only notifications requiring user interaction.
- Click OK to save your changes.