How do I access log files and submit them for analysis? (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2137|Last Revised: March 09, 2012
In some cases, our analysts can more effectively troubleshoot your issue if they have access to the log files which are automatically created by your ESET security product. The steps below show how to run an On-demand computer scan and email the results to Customer Care for analysis. However, these steps can also be used to access any other ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus 4.x log (see step 5).
Mac OS X users: click here.
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- Click Change... in the lower left corner of the window, or press CTRL + M on your keyboard, to switch to Advanced mode. If prompted, click Yes to continue.
- Click Computer scan Smart scan.
- On completion, a summary window showing the number of scanned, infected, and cleaned objects will be displayed. Click OK to return to the main program window.
- Click Tools Log files. From the Log drop-down menu, select On-demand computer scan.
- Double-click the line representing the most recently completed scan to open the scan log. In the Log window, right-click any entry and select Copy all.
Click the image to view larger in a new window
- Open a blank Notepad document and press Ctrl + V on your keyboard to paste the copied text. Save the .txt document to your Desktop and attach it to an email reply to ESET Customer Care. Customer Care will examine the scan log and respond as soon as possible with the recommended steps to address your issue.