Creating a scheduled scan (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2122|Last Revised: July 24, 2012
We recommend that you configure your ESET security product to perform an in-depth scan of your system and disks on a weekly basis. This scan can be scheduled to run automatically in the background while you are away from your computer. Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on setting up a scheduled scan:
- Open ESET Smart Security or ESET NOD32 Antivirus. How do I open my ESET product?
- If you see Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- From the main menu, click Tools Scheduler to display the Scheduler/Planner window.
- Click the Add button at the bottom of the window.
- In the Add task window, select On-demand computer scan from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- Enter a name for the task (e.g., 'Weekly Scan') and select the desired frequency ('Weekly' is recommended). Click Next.
- Specify the time of the scheduled scan. To minimize the chance that a scan will be interrupted, it is best to choose a time when users will be away from the computer (2:00 AM in the example below). Click Next.
- In the event that a scan does not run at the scheduled time (e.g., computer is off) specify an alternate time. To prevent instances of the same task from running on top of each other, choose the option shown in Figure 1-5 below. Click Next.
- A Summary window with your chosen settings will display. Review the settings and click Finish.
- The Custom scan window will display. The Scan profile drop-down menu should be set to In-depth scan.
- To configure all drives on your system to be scanned (recommended), select the Computer check box. Click OK to finish.
- The scheduled scan you created will appear in the Scheduler/Planner window. From this point forward, it will run at the time and frequency you configured.