Adding/Editing/Deleting a Whitelist entry in ESET Smart Security (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2108|Last Revised: September 20, 2011
The whitelist in ESET Smart Security is a list of email addresses or domains that you have designated as legitimate email contacts. Messages from these contacts will not be blocked automatically, and will be delivered successfully to your inbox.
To more effectively filter spam, use the Whitelist in conjunction with the Blacklist. A blacklist is a list of specific email addresses or domains considered to be associated with spam. For more information on Blacklists, click here.
Adding an email address to the Whitelist
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- If you see the message Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- From the main menu, click Setup Antispam protection.
- The Antispam module will be displayed. In the middle of the window, click User's Whitelist.
- The User's Whitelist window will appear. From here you can Add, Edit, or Delete Whitelist entries. To add an email address to the Whitelist, click the Add button.
- The New item window will appear. In the Email address field, enter the email address that you want to add to the Whitelist. In the Name field, enter the company or individual associated with the address.
- If you wish to whitelist the entire email domain, select the Whole domain option at the bottom of the window. This can be useful if you wish to allow email messages from all individuals in a specified organization. You can also select the Lower level domains option to apply the lower level domain of the contact.
- Click OK to finish.
Editing a Whitelist entry
- While in the User's Whitelist window from step 5 above, select the email address you wish to edit, and click the Edit button.
- The Item change window will appear, allowing you to change the email address or name of the entry. Click OK to save any changes.
Removing a Whitelist entry
- While in the User's Whitelist window from step 5 above, select one or more emai addresses and click the Delete button.
- A dialog box will ask you to verify the action. Click OK to confirm.
- Close the User's Whitelist window when you are finished adding, editing or deleting entries.