Adding/Editing/Deleting a Blacklist entry in ESET Smart Security (4.x)KB Solution ID: SOLN2107|Last Revised: October 28, 2013
The blacklist in ESET Smart Security is a list of specific email addresses or domains considered to be associated with spam. Depending on your configuration, messages from these email addresses are automatically re-directed into a spam folder.
New addresses to block appear everyday, which can make a blacklist difficult to maintain. To more effectively filter spam, use the Blacklist in conjunction with the Whitelist. A whitelist is a list of email addresses or domains which you have designated as legitimate email contacts. Messages from these contacts will not be blocked automatically, and will be delivered successfully to your inbox. For more information on the Whitelist, click here.
Adding an email address to the Blacklist
- Open ESET Smart Security. How do I open my ESET product?
- If you see the message Display: Standard mode in the lower left corner, toggle to Advanced mode by clicking Change... or by pressing CTRL + M on your keyboard.
- From the main menu, click Setup Antispam protection.
- The Antispam module will be displayed. In the middle of the window, click User's Blacklist.
The User's Blacklist window will appear. From this location, you may Add, Edit, or Delete Blacklist entries. To add an email address to the Blacklist, click the Add button.
- The New item window will appear. In the Email address field, enter the email address you want to add to the blacklist. In the Name field, enter the company or individual associated with the address.
- If you wish to blacklist the entire email domain, select the Whole domain check box at the bottom of the window. This can be useful if you wish to allow email messages from all individuals in a specified organization. You can also select the Lower level domains option to apply the lower level domain of the contact.
- Click OK to finish.
Editing a Blacklist entry
- While at the User's Blacklist window from step 5 above, select the address you wish to edit, and click the Edit button.
- The Item change window will appear, allowing you to change the email address or name of the entry. Click OK to finish.
Deleting a Blacklist entry
- From the User's Blacklist window, select one or more addresses to delete and click the Delete button.
- A dialog box will ask you to verify the action. Click OK to confirm the deletion.
- Close the User's Blacklist window when you are finished adding, editing or deleting entries.