ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation and Push Uninstallation ErrorsKB Solution ID: SOLN166|Last Revised: July 12, 2013
- If you receive "result code 0" after performing a push installation or new task using ESET Remote Administrator, no error has occurred. Result code 0 indicates a successful task. This is a Microsoft message and is not controlled by ESET
ESET Remote Administrator allows remote installations from the ESET Remote Administrator Console to any workstation on the network with a Windows NT/ 2000/XP/2003/Vista operating system. This function is called a Push installation. The following list shows the most frequently encountered errors during the Push Installation process.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 53)
- Shared resources are not allowed or installed in the client computer, or on the firewall of the network (ports 445 and 135-139).
- TCP/IP protocol is not installed on the client machine or the client is not answering the pings from the server.
- For XP Servers or workstations, the Windows XP system firewall is turned on.
Error: Could not install NOD32 Installer onto target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 67)
Cause: Shared resource ADMIN$ is not started or is not on the system hard drive of the client machine.
Error: Access Denied
Cause: The user doesn’t have Administrator rights on the client machine.
Error: NOD32 Installer could not connect to server NAME_OF_SERVER :2224'. (WGLE error code 0)
Cause: Ports 2222, 2223 and/or 2224 are not opened on the server or are not allowed on the network firewall.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 1327)
Cause: Windows Administrator password cannot be blank.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 13)
Cause: The option “Use Simple file sharing” is activated in a mixed environment of workgroups and domains.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 51)
Cause: The Server service is not being executed on the client machine.
Error: Failure during NOD32 uninstall - exit code: 207
Cause: This error often occurs during uninstall or reinstall of NOD32 in a machine where it was installed previously. The reason for this error is that the NOD32 configuration is locked with a password. To solve this problem, edit the parameters of the command line of the uninstall package, adding the following line, depending on your version:
Version 3.0 and 4.0: PASSWORD=“setting_password”
Version 2.7: /pwd=setting_password
Where setting_password is the protection password used for the configuration.
Error: Could not retrieve required information from target computer (RES error code 13, GLE error code (number may vary e.g.: 997; 203; 0)
Cause: The Remote Registry Service is not being executed on the client machine.
Error: Install failed (-1022324356)
Cause: The installation file failed or is corrupt.
Additional Error Codes
If a GLE Error not specified in this document is encountered during the remote installation, please:
- Click here to find the definition of any GLE error code
- Click here for more information and an extensive list of additional error codes
If you are still unable to resolve your issue, please contact ESET Customer Care.