ESET Remote Administrator Push Installation and Push Uninstallation ErrorsKB Solution ID: SOLN166|Last Revised: April 04, 2013
ESET Remote Administrator allows remote installations from the ESET Remote Administrator Console to any workstation on the network with a Windows NT/ 2000/XP/2003/Vista operating system. This function is called a Push installation. The following list shows the most frequently encountered errors during the Push Installation process.
Error 1603 on push installation: Generic error (also called "Exit Code 1603")
- The installer is detecting other Antivirus software on the computer. Uninstall the previous antivirus/firewall. If you try installing the .msi manually on the computer, it will show a message that another Antivirus progam such as "AVAST" was detected. Uninstall that software and redo the push installation.
- There may be an issue with the the Base Filtering engine on your computer. See the following Knowledgebase article for intructions to check the status of the Base Filtering engine:
- Not enough disk space or a corrupted Windows installer.
To read more about Error 1603, see Microsoft's knowledgebase article.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 53)
- Shared resources are not allowed or installed in the client computer, or on the firewall of the network (ports 445 and 135-139).
- TCP/IP protocol is not installed on the client machine or the client is not answering the pings from the server.
- For XP Servers or workstations, the Windows XP system firewall is turned on.
Error: Could not install NOD32 Installer onto target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 67)
Cause: Shared resource ADMIN$ is not started or is not on the system hard drive of the client machine.
Error: Access Denied
Cause: The user doesn’t have Administrator rights on the client machine.
Error: NOD32 Installer could not connect to server NAME_OF_SERVER :2224'. (WGLE error code 0)
Cause: Ports 2222, 2223 and/or 2224 are not opened on the server or are not allowed on the network firewall.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 1327)
Cause: Windows Administrator password cannot be blank.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 13)
Cause: The option “Use Simple file sharing” is activated in a mixed environment of workgroups and domains.
Error: Could not set up IPC connection to target computer (SC error code 6, GLE error code 51)
Cause: The Server service is not being executed on the client machine.
Error: Failure during NOD32 uninstall - exit code: 207
Cause: This error often occurs during uninstall or reinstall of NOD32 in a machine where it was installed previously. The reason for this error is that the NOD32 configuration is locked with a password. To solve this problem, edit the parameters of the command line of the uninstall package, adding the following line, depending on your version:
Version 3.0 and 4.0: PASSWORD=“setting_password”
Version 2.7: /pwd=setting_password
Where setting_password is the protection password used for the configuration.
Error: Could not retrieve required information from target computer (RES error code 13, GLE error code (number may vary e.g.: 997; 203; 0)
Cause: The Remote Registry Service is not being executed on the client machine.
Error: Install failed (-1022324356)
Cause: The installation file failed or is corrupt.
Additional Error Codes
If a GLE Error not specified in this document is encountered during the remote installation, please:
- Click here to find the definition of any GLE error code
- Click here for more information and an extensive list of additional error codes
If you are not able to find the answer to your question, email ESET Customer Care for additional support.